We are looking for an ambitious PHP developers with > 2-year CodeIgnitor experience to setup and be part of our new support team. The support team maintains and enhances software for our international clients and is the knowledge back-bone for our other 40 Indian and Dutch colleagues.
You know that support is often the trickiest part because it’s a magnitude harder to understand code when you were not part of the team that took the decisions.
You want to become better and know that there’s no better way than do support. It teaches a whole lot of things – where design is failing, how clients are using your software and which assumptions were invalid. You learn and won’t commit the same mistakes in new projects.
How your day can be:
After a general ‘Good morning’ and some small talk with your team members you start your computer. You scan your mail box for incoming mails. There is no urgent priority of clients and you continue with the advancements in a project. The e-learning module you are working on is really sophisticated. It’s just a pity the version of CodeIgnitor is outdated, but an upgrade is on your list.
A client pings you on Skype. There is a bug in their application. You start digging into the bug. After one hour exploring in the code you have the cause. Perfect! You make a hot-fix, your colleague checks and approves your pull-request. The fix is deployed, job done and you got a happy reply of the client. You give the original team the feedback of the solution so they will also learn.
Lunchtime. Together with your colleagues you eat your lunch and have fun.
You continue the enhancements. In the mean-time a colleague is asking for some help. Of course, you are always ready to support the DevHeroes around you. Oh, there is a mail from a client, asking something about their application. You pass the mail to your colleague to be able to finish the enhancements. Doing support is also teamwork. High five!
In between the activity committee announced an activity for next week: unlimited pizza with a session about ‘Lessons learnt from the support team’. Wow, that was your suggestion. The day ended. Time flew. You went home, still with a lot of energy and you are looking forward to the next day.
What skillset you have to bring:
- Proficiency in HTML, Java Script, Jquery and AJAX will make you even a bigger hero;
- Knowledge of modern software development standards and tools, best practices and design patterns;
- Experience with Atlassian tools is a pré ( Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Sourcetree)
- Care about code quality and know how to test your own code. Technical and functional;
- Knowledge about version control tools, like BitBucket and GitHub;
- Willing to learn new frameworks, like Laravel;
- Big plus: experience with Scrum and having an Agile mind-set.
How you will be doing this:
- Happy clients is your focus;
- You keep short communications lines, directly with our clients;
- You help to set standards and deliverables for (new) projects;
- You can switch focus fast and easy;
- You juggle with many balls in the air without dropping one;
- You communicate smoothly in English;
- You act as a team player as well as a perfect single player;
- You learn quickly and love to trouble shoot: you are always ready to dig into existing code to solve issues or build new features in new or existing code;
- You ask questions to your real colleagues and to your best friend ‘Google’ to find solutions and ideas.
You may expect from us:
- An International, challenging and dynamic working environment;
- An open, inspiring and stimulating culture, with space for your ambitions, initiatives and ideas;
- About 40 really great Indian and Dutch colleagues (check our team page). We learn you some Dutch;
- A cool and spacious office without the traditional ’12-in-1-row’ desks at one of the hotspots in Ahmedabad;
- A competitive salary and permanent employment;
- 5 days working week (yes! all weekends are off). Flexible starting and ending times are (of course) discussable;
- Fun activities, like picnics, pizza parties, enjoyment at a waterpark and playing cricket in the company competition.
- Personal and career growth through Personal Development Plans, trainings and education.
Are you the one we are looking for? Send your resume to our HR manager Sonali (firstname.lastname@example.org) and convince her why we should invite you for an interview. You can also click on the button below to fill in a contact form.
Check also our other vacancies.Get in touch