We are looking for an ambitious PHP back-end developer with an Agile view and > 2 year experience who wants to make cool websites, apps and platforms for international clients in a scrum team among 2-6 talented Indian and Dutch DevHeroes.
How your day can be:
After a general ‘Good morning’ and some small talk with your team members you start your computer. Yesterday you finished a story and you are curious what’s next on the backlog. A team member is asking for help. Of course, you are helping him. In the meantime, the tea-boy arrived. You are chitchatting about the cricket match of yesterday.
Your team is ready for the daily stand-up. The Dutch product owner wants to join at Skype. Afterwards you are starting to dig into a bug. After one hour exploring in the code you have the cause. Perfect! You are making a hotfix, A team member checked and approved your pull-request. The fix is deployed and got a happy reply of the client.
Lunchtime. Together with your colleagues you are eating your lunch. You are starting fresh with a new user story. You are tuning with your team members, chatting with the product owner about some questions and started coding. Half the afternoon you have a planning session. Stories are refined, tasks are created and estimates are made. This teamwork motivates you.
You continue the story. In between the activity committee announced an activity for next week: unlimited pizza with a session about Scrum & Agile. Wow, that was your suggestion. The day ended. Time flew. You went home, still with a lot of energy and you are looking forward to the next day.
What skillset you have to bring:
- Proficiency in HTML, Java Script, Jquery and AJAX will make you even a bigger hero;
- Knowledge of modern software development standards and tools, best practices and design patterns;
- Care about code quality and know how to test your own code. Technical and functional;
- Knowledge about version control tools, like BitBucket and GitHub;
- Big plus: experience with Scrum and an Agile mind-set.
How you will be doing this:
- Your focus is on happy clients;
- You are a smooth communicator in English;
- You are a team player as well a perfect single player;
- You are a quick (self) learner and trouble shooter: always ready to dig into existing code to solve issues or build new features in new or existing code;
- You dare to ask questions and to search for help around you or with our best friend ‘Google’.
You may expect from us:
- An International, challenging and dynamic working environment;
- An open, inspiring and stimulating culture, with space for your ambitions, initiatives and ideas;
- About 40 really great Indian and Dutch colleagues (check our team page). We learn you some Dutch;
- A cool and spacious office without the traditional ’12-in-1-row’ desks at one of the hotspots in Ahmedabad;
- A competitive salary and permanent employment;
- 5 days working week (yes! all weekends are off). Flexible starting and ending times are (of course) discussable;
- Fun activities, like picnics, pizza parties, enjoyment at a waterpark and playing cricket in the company competition.
- Personal and career growth through Personal Development Plans, trainings and education.
Are you the one we are looking for? Send your resume to our HR manager Sonali (firstname.lastname@example.org) and convince her why we should invite you for an interview. You can also click on the button below to fill in a contact form.
Check also our other vacancies.Get in touch